This is the list of Kenyan and Ugandan key Government figures and Leaders who have passed on in a span of 17 days;
- Name: Godffrey Gitahi Kariuki (a.k.a: GG Kariuki)
- Age: 78 years
- Profile: He served as a Minister in President Jomo Kenyatta and Daniel Arap Moi governments. He was until his death the Senator for Laikipia County.
- Date of Death: June 30th, 2017
- Cause of Death: Cardiac-related illness
- Name: Joseph Nkaissery
- Age: 68 years
- Profile: He was a Member of Parliament in the National Assembly of Kenya from 2002 to 2014, when he resigned to take up a cabinet position as Secretary for Internal Security and Coordination of National Government. He was also a senior elder of the Maasai community until his sudden death.
- Date of Death: July 8, 2017
- Cause of Death: Rare heart attack
- Name: Nicholas Biwott
- Age: 77 years
- Profile: He served as a Member of Parilament for Keiyo-Marakwet and laiter the Keiyo South Constituency for 28 years.He was Minister under three former presidents, Jomo Kenyatta, Daniel Arap Moi and Mwai Kibaki respectively.
- Date of Death: July 11th, 2017
- Cause of Death: Undisclosed
- Name: Maria Lubega Mutagamba
- Age: 64 years
- Profile: former minister of Tourism
- Date of Death: June 24th, 2017
- Cause of Death: Died from complications of liver cancer
- Name: John Ssebaana Kizito
- Age: 82 years
- Profile: former government minister, wealthy businessman, mayor of Kampala, political party leader and presidential candidate
- Date of Death: July 3rd, 2017
- Cause of Death: died from a stroke
- Name: Kaudha Grace Hailat
- Age: 30 years
- Profile: The Member of Parliament for Iganga Municipality
- Date of Death: July 7th, 2017
- Cause of Death: Died from complications of severe pregnancy-induced hypertension
The deaths of these compatriots left their families and friends with deep grief that nobody else can imagine. We send our condolences to the bereaved and pray that they may find comfort and strength to continue living and serving others.